Observing The Daylights
Or as I like to call them, the “Life Sensitive Daylights” (or ‘LSD’ for a short, easy moniker to remember with no psychedelic side effects), you don’t have to get these living stars knocked out of you in order to experience the little miracles they bring.
Yes my shiny people, God or Great Spirit, Creator or a Higher Intelligence, whatever you want to call it, works in mysterious ways, for sure. Why is that such a popular expression? Perhaps because those specific, illuminating moments that provoke us to utter the telltale words are ones which speak profoundly to us in a very personal way. God is the ultimate polyglot or multi linguist, with the ability to speak to us in our own personal language through thoughts, inspiration, other people and the environment that surrounds us.
Tap into Your Preferred Form of Communication
That Omnipotent Presence wants to see us doing our best, which of course changes in appearance from one day to the next. We all want to be our best when we really consider our highest intentions. If we ignore those intentions or brush them off in the moment, Creator will most likely give us a nudge, a sign, or a tickle to help us refocus back on what’s really important to us. The same goes with saying prayers, coming back to the practice of setting intentions.
- It can come in coincidental circumstances, déjà vu’s, finding ourselves in situations that evoke emotions we’ve been holding on to – the kind that have kept us from being our best. If we keep going down the road of not listening, the messages can show up in health depletion or dis~ease, much of which reverses itself when we get back on track with listening to our inner knowing of what’s best for us.
Great aid comes to us in out-of-the-ordinary experiences, showing that our request for assistance does indeed get answered – in those oh so mysterious ways. You can read about such times and tips on how to establish this connection with the Ever-Knowing in Joyce Apple’s blog, “Siri: Call My Spirit Guides!” or Mariesa Dranschak’s piece, “Here’s Why You Should “Never” Talk To Strangers”. Linking to which, over a virtual cup of coffee with Mariesa, you can find out more about how to shift your life into open communication, voicing and actualizing your Higher Intuition.
We can access conversations with that helpful Divine Presence in many different ways. It’s a two-way communication line. But in order to connect, sometimes we have to let that Presence know what our language is, ex., what we’re most likely to respond to, otherwise we may keep getting hard reminders with a bump on the head.
*Knock knock*, are YOU listening?
“No! That’s what I have this bell for!” you might say. We each interpret reality in our own way.
Some people speak numbers, some science, others know the language of emotions, while others still find significant symbolic meaning in their lives through their interaction with the world around them.
Dreams can be profound message carriers. Practicing some art form like painting, drawing, music or writing can witness the inspiration of ideas that changes lives for the better, or offer affirmative evidence that we’re on our true life’s path.
So, what speaks to YOU?
Reading Between the Lines of Everyday Life
Oh yes, how comfortable it is to settle upon what’s readily available to us, taking life at face-value as it were. Yet inside everyone, there can be at least one moment accounted for, finding us wondering, “Isn’t there more to life?”
And within that curious space you’ll assuredly find an affirmative “yes.” But how? This space doesn’t come at face-value; you can’t see it or touch it – you sense it in a different, intangible way. And here is where the gateways open you to a more vibrant, ever-expansive and explorative world. It’s the one where you find those communication lines with a Higher Sense of Being readily accessible; one where you’ll find your greater dreams manifest.
So, how can you keep the pages turning, sifting through everyday life to pull out the Life Sensitive Daylights (LSD’s) that bring your dream reality to inspiring face-value?
The ‘more’ to life isn’t so much invisible to us as it requires us to bring our awareness beyond the assumption of the everyday:
- “How are you?” “Good, How are you?” “Good.” – What does this interaction really DO for people?
- Errands to run, to-do lists to complete, budgets to balance – These habits help create a standard of living, yet where does our Spirit infuse into them? Where is the room for creativity, for self-expression?
- Education and work schedules, project and platform training, progress reports – They all promote personal growth, but do they reflect what we really want to pursue for ourselves? Are they just another thing to attend as a part of the ‘responsibility package’, or can you adjust your view to use them as gateways, aligning your current story with the possibility for the ‘more’, the LSD’s, to shine through your opening viewpoint?
Shifting your attention like opening blinds in a window, the result becomes re-introducing wonder into your life:
- Finding direction to new interests that could lead you as far as you want to go with it.
- Building upon current life investments with an adventurous, creative approach that allows flexibility; what started out as one aim may circumstantially morph into another, unknown to be in your favor long term.
- Seeing small qualities in things you’ve gotten all too ‘familiar’ with – relationships, household environment, routes around town, side-street businesses, news and other media stories – and taking them in with a shining eye of curiosity; noticing and feeling intrigue for something you’d overlooked or taken for granted before.
Keep an Eye on Those Daylights!
If you’ve never basked under the wondrous blank of an open, starlit sky at least ONCE, I highly recommend doing so. Grab a friend or a loved one, get out of an area infiltrated by muting city lights, and make an occasion of it.
The stars that perforate the deep mystery of the black night sky invoke a curiosity of what’s out there beyond our reach: they speak to that intangible feeling of the ‘more’ in life that feels imperceptible.
Astronomers and astrologers alike draw from the movement of the stars to gain information that we can readily apply to our daily lives and efforts.
Some ancient, advanced societies based their entire civilization – agriculture, celebrations, equinoxes, etc. – upon what the stars spoke to them. Upon decades and centuries of the stars’ movements, they were able to forge a way of living that allowed them to flourish.
We often forget that the stars are still out there during daytime too, and in fact we often have to be reminded that our sun is a star too.
And so pulling this knowledge together, the Life Sensitive Daylights come to represent the gathering of these ideas:
- They embody the language of mystery that keeps the cosmos and life here on Earth moving and evolving.
Just like the trackable movements of the stars, LSD’s are subtle, nuanced in how they emerge and so they require an observant, trained eye to be taken advantage of.
- With this awareness of the meaning they hold, the observant eye may begin to notice that patterns of these messages emerge, especially more frequently as one hones in on a significant path of manifestation.
- As the elusive nature of the stars present themselves to our awareness, we can witness these LSD’s at any time, day or night. The most important approach is simply to stay aware that they’re out there; not necessarily looking for them, but remaining open to the possibility that they’ll present themselves to us with the right timing.
How to Recognize and Interpret the Life Sensitive Daylights
The first step is to establish a familiar relationship with a certain feeling within you. This feeling is the one you get when:
- Something seems curiously out of place
- There’s an occurrence of something ‘too close for coincidence’ or it’s justified as ‘everything happens for a reason’.
- There’s an ambiguous impression of ‘déjà vu’
- You may spend an excessive amount of time looking for something you just had, almost fervently, and then you let it go because you’ve exhausted your options. Once you’ve let go, shortly or some time after, you find it in a place you could’ve sworn you had checked earlier.
Once you can readily recognize this impressionable feeling regardless of particular circumstances, you’ll know you’re in tune with observing those daylights immediately. It doesn’t necessarily have to be this feeling, either: it could be those “YES!” moments that come unexpectedly upon a person’s nonchalant mention or suggestion, or a sense of relieving support or encouragement from an ambiguous source when feeling strained or lost.
The second step is to be aware of patterns that pop up in daily life from the environment around you. This is where establishing your particular language that works best in communicating with a Higher Source comes into play quite effectively. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you noticing a certain pattern of numbers appearing to you frequently?
- You always see the clock show a certain time, i.e. “7:47” or “5:55”
- Gas price signs, addresses, license plates, phone numbers; some sequence of numbers keeps appear that grabs your attention and may evoke the observation, “hmm, that’s odd.”
If this happens to you, know that there is an entire field of study called “Numerology” that derives meanings – life messages – from numbers. Type “what does (the number) mean?” into a Google search to find out what message this repeating sequence holds in store for you and derive any applications to what’s going on in your life at the moment.
- Have you been surprised by animals; a vulture on your neighbor’s roof, caught a pair of armadillos mating in your front yard, had a butterfly land right next to you or witnessed a rare moment of robins or blue jays playing nearby?
- These have all actually happened to me or someone I know – moments that stopped me in my tracks of the day and say, “hmm.. I wonder what that’s about.” So now, crazy as it may sound, I look up:
- The animal totem meaning on a few websites or relevant books like Ted Andrews’ book Animal Speak
- The animal meaning on a dream interpretation website.
I always find a significant relevance from these interpretations to current life’s standings with little effort.
Do some exploration yourself, especially if you’ve found yourself drawn to a particular animal for a great deal of your life, and be delightfully amazed at what you discover.
- Dreams are a very potent way of deriving life’s messages from the subconscious as well as the Higher Realms that help us steer in the direction of manifesting our true desires. They help us make sense of emotions we may have not been aware of, linked to a certain person or situation, or ones that are so powerful that we can’t address them in waking life.
- Do you have recurring dreams?
- Do you wish to remember your dreams when you wake up?
- Have you had dreams that leave you with certain impressionable feelings when you wake?
- Have you had such vivid or bizarre dreams that beg the question, “what could that possibly mean?”
- Keep a notepad and pen next to your bed and write down the dream in as much detail as you can remember. If this happens during the middle of the night, you can go right back to bed.
- When you get the free time, look for a dream interpretation website online to find meaning by exploring each of the symbols of the dream that feel significant. This can include colors, buildings, textures, etc.
- As you explore each symbol, themes will start popping up from their meaning that create an overall motif which you’ll find applies to your current waking life in some way.
As your perception develops to observe these Life Sensitive Daylights more often, several things will happen for you. You’ll find more meaningful significance in your daily and projected life, as well as your relationships. You’ll see that whether you’re awake or asleep, the LSD’s can bring messages to you, often in the form of some symbolic meaning, and it’s through these symbols and strange, nuanced life events that God speaks to us.
When you show which ‘language’ speaks to you best by giving your attention to that form more and more often, you’ll find the world of mystery and your relationship with the Higher Realms opening up to you, shining miracles upon your path.
By affirmatively tying in the Life Sensitive Daylight observations, sprinkled throughout your day, into the symbolic life sparks of God communicating to us in the ways of our own personal mystery, I hope you start seeing stars and shining yourself without having the living daylights knocked out of you!