Do You Feel More Than You Can Handle?
“When you feel the suffering of every living thing in your own heart, that is consciousness. ~ Bhagavad Gita
I have had this knowing that I was ‘different’ as long as I can remember. I have always had the knowing, the wisdom and the feeling of energy around me. I had never really questioned it as I traveled through my life. It was not until 4 years ago that I discovered what it is I had been feeling all these years. I am an Empath. An intuitive empath to be exact!
Discovering that I am an intuitive empath really helped me understand that what I was feeling is real. After reading an article about the various traits of an empath, I realized that I had a lot of them. The pieces of the puzzle all began to come together, making sense of what I experience on a daily basis. I now use this ability in a positive manner in my everyday life.
What is an Intuitive Empath?
An intuitive empath knows what others feel without needing to be told.
- Has a keen sense if someone is being truthful or lying.
- Intuitive empaths are sensitive to other people’s energies.
- They can pick up on various energies in the environment because they have the innate ability to feel and perceive others.
- Intuitive empaths can also become unconsciously influenced by others’ moods, thoughts, and wishes.
- Being an intuitive empath is much more than being a highly sensitive person.
- It is not just limited to feeling and expressing emotions.
Intuitive empaths can also perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges.
- They are aware of knowing the motivations and intentions of other people.
- Empaths have a natural skill in higher sensory perception.
Intuitive empaths are open to processing other people’s feelings and energy, therefore they tend to take on the emotions of others.
- On a daily basis, they can experience things like chronic fatigue, environmental sensitivities or unexplained aches and pains.
- Intuitive empaths can feel overwhelmed by energies around them, making it harder to accurately feel what is inside of them.
Intuitive empaths tend to ignore their own needs and, as a result, have poorly-established boundaries.
- Although they are non-violent, non-aggressive types, they most often lean towards being the peacemaker.
- Disharmony can create an uncomfortable feeling in an intuitive empath and if they come upon confrontation, they will try to settle the situation as quickly as possible. Depending on the situation, they may avoid it all together.
- Empaths most likely have or have had varying paranormal and spiritual experiences throughout their lives.
- Most members of the Star Seed community are naturally developed intuitive empaths
Here are a few traits of an intuitive empath…
1. Having the natural ability to sense how others feel…
- Understands how others feel and why they feel it.
- Excellent listeners and great friends. However, when they put themselves in others’ shoes it can be very stressful.
- Apart from their own difficulties in life, they can take on others’ suffering as their own.
- Natural-born lie detectors. They know when others are lying or telling the truth.
2. Being labeled as overly sensitive individuals…
- Empaths’ ability to experience emotions more intensively than others.
- When exposed to negative energies it can cause them distress and anxiety.
- Mood swings can develop when the energy in their environment changes rapidly from positive to negative.
- They are very sensitive to noises and other disturbances in their environment.
3. Uncomfortable in large groups…
- Depending on the intensity of energy, large groups can create anxiety and be exhausting.
- Preference of being alone or in a small group of one or two people.
- Feels the need for alone time to wipe the slate clean of negative energy and to recharge their human batteries.
4. Innately knows or sees the bigger picture…
- Has an intuition or ‘gut feeling’ of something happening before it happens.
- Has dreams that come true.
- Thinks of a friend or relative and they call right after the thought of them.
- Can see visions for themselves or for others.
5. Has soul connections with others…
- Has an instant connection with others when meeting for the first time.
- Because of this connection, intuitive empaths can attract ‘like-minded’ people to their tribe.
6. Can suffer physical symptoms from emotional situations…
- Headaches and fatigue are the most common symptoms one can suffer.
- May respond to these physical symptoms through other addictions such as over-eating or substance abuse.
7. Has a difficult time watching others suffer…
- Not able to watch violent films or television programs.
- Has a hard time with people who laugh at the misfortunes of others.
- Finds mistreatment of others or animals unbearable.
8. Intolerance to narcissism…
Has a hard time being around people who put themselves first or refuse to consider another’s feelings/points of view other than their own.
9. Free spirits…
- Empaths like travel and adventures
- Feel constricted by rules and do not like to be told what to do.
- Very creative and expressive, taking part in activities such as dancing, writing, and drawing.
10. Loves nature and animals…
- Loves being outdoors and being in nature.
- Pets are an essential part of their lives.
These are just a few of many traits of an intuitive empath. If you sense a negative energy vibration from someone or situation, listen to your intuition and walk away from it. Always follow your intuition as it will guide you in the right direction.
I used to think that being an intuitive empath was a blessing and a curse. Sometimes when I would get that ‘gut feeling’ I would ignore it and inevitably I would end up in trouble. However, I have changed my perspective on this ability. I always pay attention and channel it positively in my personal and professional life. This ‘blessing’ has saved me many times in various situations and interactions with others.
If any of these traits resonate with you, I welcome you to share some of your experiences in the comment section below.
“No, I’m not insulted at all when people call me sensitive. Feeling things deeply is my superpower. I am an empathetic badass.” ~ SweatpantsAndCoffee.com
Love Our Message?
Never Miss A Consciously Awesome Article!
As I bite into my peppermint patty and it melts into the sip of coffee in my mouth, I experience the sensation of skyrocketing through the universe. I rest into the vastness of the galaxy as I feel the stars brush against my cheeks.