What Are You Thankful For During This Holiday Season?
“Rest and be thankful.” ~ William Wordsworth
Now that the Holiday season is upon us we tend to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle during this time.
We get caught up and stressed by the commercialism, technology and the busyness of the holidays, which causes us to forget what we are really thankful for.
The Holidays are about being with family and friends; to have a gathering and coming together as one.
If we just step back, pause and breathe to avoid getting caught up in the rush of it all, we can really enjoy the holidays for what they really mean, which is unconditional love for one another.
A few things to keep in mind…
1. Pause and notice the gifts all around you.
- The more you practice this over time, you will notice the beauty all around you. This will help ground and keep you centered; the more you do this, the more you will feel this way. When you do this, you will learn to slow down and savor these beautiful moments. There is so much to relish during the holiday season: the lights, tree decorations, our loved ones and the smiles and laughter of children.
2. Recognize not only the gifts, but the person who gave you that gift.
- Whether they have been in your life for the greater part or just a short time, keep in mind that they have been there for you, helping you along the way by supporting you in any way they could. You then realize that you are deeply connected to them and do not take them for granted – they have helped bring you to where you are today.
3. Use all of your senses to enjoy the holiday.
- Enjoy all of the traditions of favorite holiday foods; the glitter and lights that adorn houses; the feeling of winter and its beauty as the chilled air nips at your nose. Snuggle on the couch with a comforter in front of the fireplace with your favorite cup of tea. Savor the world around you.
4. Take the approach of practicing gratitude.
- View life through a different lens, such as viewing abundance rather than ‘not having enough’. Be grateful for the awesome people in your life. Tell them how much you appreciate them being in your life. Most importantly, be grateful to yourself by loving and accepting who YOU are – others will see that and respond in the same manner.
Instead of focusing on that busyness of the holiday season, take time for yourself before the start of your day and reflect on who and what you are thankful for. Say “Thank you” to the Universe throughout the holidays and every day! Be thankful for the gift of time we get to spend with our loved ones. That, in and of itself is a beautiful gift!
Enjoy a cup of egg nog!
“Today, be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold and your health is wealth.” ~ Zig Ziglar
Love Our Message?
Never Miss A Consciously Awesome Article!
As I bite into my peppermint patty and it melts into the sip of coffee in my mouth, I experience the sensation of skyrocketing through the universe. I rest into the vastness of the galaxy as I feel the stars brush against my cheeks.