Living with the Five principles of Reiki in your daily life
“Just for today, let me take nothing for granted, feel blessings in life’s bounty, strive to live simply, learn to want less.” ~ Unknown
In the energy modality of Reiki, Level One training teaches practitioners the Five Principles of Reiki. These principles are great reminders to help guide us with a more positive outlook on life.
Reiki is a spiritual healing art that is of Japanese origin. The word ‘Reiki’ is broken down into ‘Rei’, meaning “universal life” and ‘Ki’ meaning “energy”. Reiki is not affiliated with any religious practice.
Reiki is a subtle and effective form of energy work using spiritually-guided life force energy. This holistic modality works on the mind, body, and spirit to stimulate the body’s own natural healing abilities.
There is a misconception that Reiki is a massage-based therapy, which it is not. The method application is simply hands-on or hands over the client’s body to channel energy.
As Reiki practitioners, we are merely the conduit through which life force energy flows, out of our hands and into the client so that their body can heal on its own.
Reiki flows through all living things. Everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen the energy within themselves, and to help others.
However, you do not necessarily have to be a Reiki practitioner to live the Five Principles of Reiki. With all that is going on in the world, there are a lot of heavy vibrational shifts occurring that can leave us feeling very unsettled. These principles are great reminders to help us shed that unsettled feeling and allow us to live a much happier life in a positive way.
The Five Principles of Reiki
Just for today, I will let go of anger
• Let go of anger to release what is blocking you from loving unconditionally. Feel the emotion fully and release it. Anger is a reaction; the response is love.
• Be aware of what causes the anger – just what is the expectation and/or demand that triggers this emotion?
• Through the people you bring into your life - your mirrors - you can discover the weak points within yourself.
• Being angry is very destructive to your inner harmony.
“Do not blame others by pointing out their faults. You will find upon self-examination that the faults you see in others are in you. When you correct yourself, the world becomes correct.” ~ Sai Baba
Just for today, I will not worry
• Worry only causes stress and imbalance to your mind, body and spirit.
• Let go of the stress by looking at obstacles as opportunities, and see them with a positive attitude.
• When you worry, you are forgetting that there is a divine purpose in everything.
• Worrying separates you from the Universal wholeness; also, you are not trusting that all is in divine order.
• Surrender to the plan of your higher self; all is of divine order - release and trust.
“Nothing is cast away by the mind. As a consequence, grief, worry and misery continue to simmer in it. If only the mind can be taught renunciation, one can become a spiritually serene person.” ~ Sai Baba
Just for today, I will do my work honestly
• To live life honestly is to be aligned with your higher-self’s purpose.
• Being honest with yourself and facing the truth in all matters helps ensure that you can live a truly harmonious life.
• When you are honest with yourself, you project honesty onto others. Truth brings clarity.
• Being honest in your work is reinforced by the resulting love for yourself and others.
• As you clearly see and acknowledge the lessons that honesty brings, your life opens before you.
“Truth is your Father. Love is your Mother. Wisdom is your son. Peace is your daughter. Devotion is your brother and spiritual seekers are your friends.” ~ Sai Baba
Just for today, I will count my blessings
• Be grateful for all of the blessing in your life.
• Being thankful not only for what you have received, but also for every blessing large and small, attracts more blessings to you.
• Your fear of “not having” (lack) keeps you from accepting what is truly yours by divine right.
• What you are able to see, you shall have, what you think, you you shall create.
• If you feel subconsciously unworthy of receiving blessings from the Universe, you will block the flow of life’s riches and blessings in one way or another.
• Blessings manifest not only in a material sense, but emotionally, mentally and spiritually as well.
“To those who have an insight into life, everything has a meaning. To those whose eyes are open, everything fits into place.” ~ Sai Baba
Just for today, I will be kind to every living creature
• As you are loving and kind to all living creatures, you experience a sense of unity. We are all of one source.
• By being unkind to someone, you are not actually loving and respecting yourself, for we are all part of each other.
• When you accept all aspects of yourself, you can accept others.
• Universal life force energy is always from ourselves to others, from others to ourselves. We are reflections of the divine light. Kindness is love.
“Do not do unto another what you do not like to be done unto yourself, for the other is you.” ~ Sai Baba
Living the Five Principles helps us navigate our everyday life in peace and harmony. When we live in this space every day, we are in alignment with the truth of who we are authentically. Then everything begins to feel right.
Just for today….
“May I see this day through sacred eyes, shape this day with helpful hands, end this day with a grateful heart.” ~ Mary Davis
Love Our Message?
Never Miss A Consciously Awesome Article!
As I bite into my peppermint patty and it melts into the sip of coffee in my mouth, I experience the sensation of skyrocketing through the universe. I rest into the vastness of the galaxy as I feel the stars brush against my cheeks.